Every day, one out of every four people around the world uses a 3M product. That’s because every day at 3M, our employees have one thing in mind – to help customers succeed at home, in the workplace, on the go and around the world. Our employees have an uncanny ability to see customer needs and then meet them by drawing on 3M’s pool of technology.
Our talented employees are the primary drivers of our success. Every day they work our magic and put our customers’ needs first. There’s no time like the present to become a part of 3M’s winning team.
We are currently seeking a Technical/Sales Project Leader to join our team located in, Alberta. This is a customer facing support role located in Calgary or Edmonton for Western Canada for the Library Business as well as to support new opportunities within 3M's Safety Security Division. Working together with a sales representative, you will be covering Western Canada to increase market penetration for SSD products. Bringing new products to market and training customers to use their 3M SSD products is crucial to this role, so being comfortable presenting to groups large and small is essential. A key part of this role will be helping customers manage their project implementation. Continuing with after sales service, you will be helping key accounts with their technical issues, and this requires troubleshooting skills with computer hardware, software, and networking. You will also be supporting and training field technicians across the territory. Occasionally you will also be required to install equipment, so familiarity with tools and industrial machinery will be an asset.
- Electrical Technologist or Electrical Engineering Degree with a focus on Computers, Electrical, or Software, or equivalent experience
- Ability to present technical material to a wide range of audiences and levels within our customer's organizations
- Customer focused, results oriented
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Project management experience
- Troubleshooting skills with computer hardware, software and networking
- Ability to install equipment including larger automated material handling equipment
- Strong business ethics and integrity
- Team player
- Must be willing to travel out of province and occasionally out of Country to the US
- Five (5) years experience troubleshooting electrical/controls equipment
- Experience with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Beneficial to have Autocad experience
- Beneficial to have experience in the Library Business in Canada
- Primary role is above however experience with Hosting services, GPS, and cellular communications equipment is an asset
Apply now to be immediately considered for this exciting 3M opportunity by applying online at www.3m.ca/careers. Reference code #1204050.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume please contact 3M Canada Human Resources.