Part time (estimate: 22- 24 hrs. a week to start, potential for increase up to 30), contract position to March 31, 2013 with possible extension.
Category: Consortium (Academic)
Ontario Colleges Library Service or OCLS is a non-profit corporation established to provide a suite of core and opt-in library services to Ontario’s 24 colleges and other related institutions. Services include: eResources management, videostreaming, remote authentication, ILS support and maintenance of the Colleges Union Catalogue.
OCLS invites qualified candidates to apply for a part time, contract position as a Metadata and Services Support Technician.
Description and Responsibilities
- Perform cataloguing and administrative duties as required in support of the Colleges Union Catalogue and Sirsi Consortium databases;
- Assist OCLS and the colleges in the transition from AACR2 to the RDA standard;
- Perform duties in relation to authority control on both French and English bibliographic records;
- Maintain and develop bibliographic and metadata programs and procedures in support of college library services including, but not limited to metadata creation for streaming media;
- Maintain knowledge of relevant trends and issues in the field eg RDA, multimedia, ILS and eResource management;
- Participate in cross training initiatives amongst OCLS’ support services team.
- Library Technician diploma or its equivalent from a recognized program;
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in cataloguing, multimedia metadata work and customer service;
- Experience with cataloguing and authority control for French language and multimedia materials;
- Experience with cataloguing serials, ebooks and/or video highly desirable;
- Strong written and oral French language skills are highly desirable;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Ability to collaborate successfully with colleagues and other professionals in an environment characterized by rapid change;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Compensation: To commensurate with qualifications.
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 3, 2012 with ideal start date of September 3, 2012
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates may apply by submitting a letter of application, current resume, and a list of three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com quoting ‘OCLS Position #109-RP’ in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed beginning July 30, 2012. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.