Great Libraries shape great cities! The Edmonton Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic Associate Manager with a passion for library services and making a difference in the community!
Are you an innovative leader who can inspire staff and customers alike? Are you knowledgeable and passionate about public libraries and about community? We are looking for a dynamic individual with outstanding leadership qualities who can motivate staff, model excellent customer service, lead projects and build community connections. You will have superb organizational, communication and analytical skills. As one who is highly collaborative, you successfully inspire creative contributions from others and you possess coaching and mentoring skills that enable your staff to develop and excel!
The Stanley A. Milner Library is a very active urban library serving a diverse community of users offering services to various populations including delivery for home bound customers and customers with special needs, as well as outreach supports to those living at-risk lifestyles. This division actively supports EPL’s Community-Led Service Philosophy and has developed relationships with various community organizations.
You will work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of the management team. With the Manager, you will contribute to and implement the long and short range plans for the Stanley A. Milner Library, identify operational efficiencies, set service standards, and model the EPL service philosophy of Find A Way to Say Yes. You will recruit, train, supervise, evaluate and coordinate the work of library staff. You will promote a team environment that supports staff in developing their leadership and capacity to meet the Library's objectives.
- You possess a Master of Library and Information Science degree from an ALA accredited library school.
- You will have minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional library experience, including experience with programming and collections.
- You will have minimum 2 years of leadership, supervisory or management experience where you have been actively involved in coaching and developing staff, including experience leading teams or projects.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to customer service and community -led service delivery, and an understanding of trends and related technologies in libraries.
- Personal commitment to the CLA Position Statements on Intellectual Freedom and on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating library programs and work procedures.
- Experience with computers and mobile devices and Microsoft Office and social software applications
- Experience with Library specific software applications (Integrated Library System - SIRSI).
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- This position will work a varied schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Salary Band: $67,000 to $85,000 per annum.
Please visit www.epl.ca/jobs to apply for this position. For further information on this posting, contact the Human Resource Services Division at (780) 496-7068 / (780) 496-7069. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.