Job Posting: GEU2012-069
Temporary Customer Services Librarian – Adult Services
Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) serves approximately 410,000 people on Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii and the Central Mainland Coast through 38 branch libraries and a Virtual Branch, with a staff of over 300 employees. We currently have the following opportunity based in Duncan.
This is a temporary 35 hour per week BCGEU position with a comprehensive salary from October 1, 2012 until September 30, 2013.
The Customer Services Librarian - Adult Services is an active member of a strong branch team that provides outstanding customer service to library users and coordinated delivery of public services for adults. This position requires an energetic, resourceful and adaptable individual who firmly believes in providing excellent customer service.
Under the direction of the Library Manager your representative duties will include the following areas of responsibility:
- Providing information services and readers’ advisory.
- Providing leadership and initiative in the delivery of programs, services and projects that advance the service goals and strategic direction of the system;
- Overseeing the effective and efficient coordination of projects;
- Maintaining the branch collection(s). Identifying collection development priorities and providing input to Library Manager;
- Capable of working and collaborating in all capacities of a team environment;
- Working with the Library Manager, partners with external organizations and groups to increase the use of library resources and services;
- Advises the Library Manager on trends and issues affecting branch library services and prepares recommendations.
- Completion of an ALA graduate degree in librarianship and information studies;
- Two (2) years (full time) relevant library/supervisory experience in a public service setting with focus on adult services is preferred.
For full details and to submit your resume, visit: www.virl.bc.ca
All resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com
Please include the Job Posting number in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2012 at 4 pm.
We thank all applicants but will only contact those scheduled for an interview.