Overview of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Librarian, the Director, Digital Technology is accountable for the strategic planning, development and delivery of digital technology library services. The Hamilton Public Library strives to maintain a team work environment. The Director, Digital Technology works closely with senior management and all library staff, as well as the governing Library Board, in order to develop strategies and priorities for the implementation and continual improvement of the library’s high quality digital technology. This area is under continuous review and the successful incumbent will act as an agent for change. The Director, Digital Technology acts as part of the overall management team for the library system and plays an active role in ensuring that the library’s Mission becomes realized.
- Masters of Library Science Degree
- Relevant Undergraduate Degree in a related program
- Demonstrated leadership experience with proven managerial skills 5 to 7 years experience in a digital technology management level role related to Library services
- Prefer IT Project Management Certification
- Excellent people skills including management, negotiation and coaching
- Demonstrated ability to direct the delivery of digital technology library services in a large public library system making use of broad management and strong leadership skills complemented by an innovative and results-oriented approach
- Ability to motivate staff and foster a co-operative and harmonious team environment
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and confidentiality with strong ethics
- Knowledge of and experience in major capital projects
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time
- Superior conflict management and problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and industry policy statements
- Knowledge of financial management methods including program costing, budget forecasting and monitoring of expenses
- Demonstrated record of achieving strategic outcomes in a timely manner
- Current knowledge of all aspects of library service, administration and management.
- Willingness to take job related courses in the development and maintenance of professional currency and competency as well as in pursuing and acquiring the skills necessary for career advancement
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Health & Safety Act and applicable regulations as it relates to the position
Salary: Competitive salary and benefit package
Permanent full time – 35 hours per week
Start date – to be determined
Apply on or before July 30, 2012:
Send the information requested directly to: Human Resources Department, Hamilton Public Library, P.O. Box 2700, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 4E4, email@example.com, Fax: 905-546-3204. Full role description is available upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting a resume, you are declaring that the information contained is true and complete to your knowledge. You understand that a false statement may disqualify you from employment, or cause your dismissal. You further understand that if this position requires a valid driver’s licence and proof thereof will be required.
Submission of a resume also stands as consent to obtain reference checks, personal or background checks and personnel file information as the Hamilton Public Library may require in connection with your employment. The successful candidate will have to provide original proof of a vulnerable sector screening. It is understood that the various checks referred are for employment purposes only and you agree that you will not hold any party liable for the information given or received.